Job Opportunities at Michael McHale Designs
Fabricator (Part-Time) - Posted September 4, 2021
We are looking for a part-time fabricator/craftsman/artisan to help us with our lighting fabrication business in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- assembling and wiring chandeliers and other light fixtures.
- putting together and wrapping crystal chains
- wrapping, boxing and sending out fixtures. There may be some opportunity to help us design new and different light fixtures. An added perk is that you you maybe able to utilize the studio for your own projects on your own time, depending on logistics. This is a small company and there is a lot of room for growth.
- Artisanal / fabrication experience including experience with basic workshop tools (e.g., drill press, band saw, turnbuckles, angle grinder, dremel, etc).
- Some of the work requires good hand strength.
- Familiarity with basic electrical wiring. Experience in soldering is helpful but not required.
- Preferred but not required: experience with welding
- Bonus skill (but not required): experience with LED lights.
- Self-starter who can keep a schedule.
- Good attention to detail in keeping with making of luxury products.Hours are flexible - we can work around your schedule.
Pleasant and safe working environment, and after you've been trained you will have the studio to yourself up to half of the time. Please send resume or a list of your skills and previous employment to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Fabricator) for consideration.